Please note: UK only. Currently a pre-order item, to be shipped in early December. Price includes premium delivery service by courier, with text/email notifications.
Especially for Christmas, a 3 month gift subscription to our out-of-the-ordinary whisky-tastings-by-post, starting with a specially selected set of festive drams.
Our "A very Sherry Whiskymas" line-up features a tasty selection of five premium Scotch whiskies that have been matured in sherry casks, with a hard-to-find, out-of-production English whisky making up the full set of six.
Sherry-matured whiskies are full of Christmas flavours, with notes of dried and stewed fruits, and sweet festive spices like cinnamon and ginger. Some of these drams are like liquid Christmas cake!
We offer two delivery options for Christmas gifts, which can be selected in the drop down menu below:
Option 1 - Christmas box sent to you: We will send the first box to you, at your billing address, before Christmas, and subsequent monthly boxes directly to the recipient at the shipping address. Please make sure to enter addresses accordingly.
Option 2 (+£3) - Christmas box gift wrapped & sent directly to recipient: We will put the first box in a gift sleeve, include a gift message, and deliver it, as well as subsequent monthly boxes, directly to the recipient at the shipping address. You can enter your gift message on the cart page where indicated.
The six whiskies in the first festive box are:
- Tamdhu 10 year old - A classic sherry-matured Scotch, shortlisted for "Whisky of the Year "in 2013 by The Whisky exchange (The UK's biggest online retailer of whisky).
- Tomintoul 12 year old - Soft, sweet and creamy; a lovely Oloroso cask matured Scotch. This is an award-winning limited edition from Tomintoul, whose whiskies are known by the moniker "the gentle dram".
- English Whisky Co. Chapter 10 - Oloroso cask - This out-of-production expression from the St George distillery is hard to come by, and matured in sherry casks they import from Spain themselves.
- Kilchoman Loch Gorm - A smoky, chocolatey limited-release sherry bomb from this farm distillery on the island of Islay, where the end-to-end production process is done entirely on site, as was traditional in years gone by.
- Glengoyne 18 year old - A very well-aged premium dram that is a classic of the sherry-matured genre. A mix of refill and first-fill sherry casks means this explodes with rich spice and festive fruit influences.
- Balblair 1999 - Our premium sixth dram sampler is an exclusive bottling by "The Whisky Exchange", the UK's biggest online whisky retailer, and is one of The Dram Team founder Chris Borrow's top 3 whiskies of 2017!
For full product details see "What's in the Box?" below, or click here.
- What's in the box?
Each carefully curated tasting set comes in a beautifully designed presentation box containing:
- Five 25ml miniatures of high-quality whisky
- A special “Sixth Dram”: A 10ml sample of a super-premium bottle
- A set of deluxe cards with tasting notes and a drop of insight into what makes each whisky special
Our whiskies are not ordinary whiskies: The first five in each set typically average £50 RRP for a full bottle (ranging from £25 to as high as £85), and the Sixth Dram tips the scale at anything from £125 to £300 RRP for a full bottle.
For any of our one-off boxes, you will get the whiskies specified in the product description.
For subscription options, here are some examples of the exciting range of whiskies that we have included in some of our previous tasting flights:
Scotchy Scotch Scotch: Our first ever curation, an incredible tasting tour of the Scottish whisky regions, featuring a stunning line up of Single Malt Scotch Whiskies.
- Worldwide Whiskies: This was a wondrous worldwide whisky exploration, encompassing some of the best whiskies the globe has to offer from Ireland, Japan, America, Canada, and even India and New Zealand.
- Incredible Indies: We celebrated the very best of independent bottlers, with a line up featuring six very special whiskies from six incredible independents.