Greetings No Nonsense Whisky Fans!
And welcome to this hidden product page...it's Chris here, Founder of The Dram Team, and fellow fan of the notorious Vin PF and his easy listening whisky reviews over at the No Nonsense Whisky YouTube channel.
Vin and I've put together a last-minute live-streaming of our September box "Island Fling" on Wednesday 19th September at 8pm, and for Vin's viewers we've reduced the box cost down to cost price of £22.50.
Grab one ASAP, and as long as you order before 2pm on Tuesday, you can still join me & Vin online to taste your way around the whisky Islands of Scotland (and *ahem* one other whisky location...oops).
Full details of the box below, and look forward to seeing you over on Vin's YouTube! :-)
Please note: Free next working day delivery on orders placed before 2pm. Premium courier* service with text/email notifications and 1 hour delivery window. UK only.
A limited-availability box that featured as The Dram Team's box of the month for September 2018, Island Fling features a tasty set of whiskies from the whisky Islands of Scotland, including some famous Islay distilleries and one cheeky surprise...
The six premium whiskies in this box are:
- Bartels Whisky - Highland Laird Bruichladdich 2005 - Aged 11 Years - The Ileachs (Islay locals) historically favoured Bruichladdich, and with good reason. A unpeated cask strength beaut from this fantastic indie bottler.
- The Arran Malt - Aged 10 Years - Arran is a stunning Island, once home to 50 distilleries, now only one. Survival of the fittest? This dram says yes! Sweet, fruity and light.
- Clan Denny - Caol Ila 2011 - Aged 6 Years - A savoury smoky coastal affair, typical of Islay whiskies, from indie bottler Clan Denny - a sister brand to Dram Team favourite Douglas Laing.
- Highland Park - 12 Year Old - Viking Honour - Famous for its heather-honey-smokiness and hailing from Scotland's northern-most distillery on the Island of Orkney. Full of
- Douglas Laing - Old Particular Ardmore 21 - You caught us! Not an Island whisky, but easily mistaken* for one due to its wonderful peaty character (by Chris, who curated this line up of Island whiskies!)
- Bunnahabhain - 18 Years Old - Probably the Dram Team's favourite Islay distillery - this 18 year old has a wonderful sherry influence, rich fruits and spice, with a salty coastal tang - amazing stuff!
Want a box as good as this every month? Of course you do! Subscribe here to save 10% on our monthly exclusive release (or here if 6 whiskies every 3 months is more your pace...)
*DPD courier service for UK Mainland; for Scottish Highlands & Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands we dispatch by Royal Mail First Class
- What's in our boxes?
Each carefully curated tasting set comes in a beautifully designed presentation box containing:
- Five 25ml miniatures of high-quality whisky
- A special “Sixth Dram”: A 10ml sample of a super-premium bottle
- A set of deluxe cards with tasting notes and a drop of insight into what makes each whisky special
Our whiskies are not ordinary whiskies: The first five in each set typically average £50 RRP for a full bottle (ranging from £25 to as high as £85), and the Sixth Dram tips the scale at anything from £125 to £300 RRP for a full bottle.
For any of our one-off boxes, you will get the whiskies specified in the product description.
For subscription options, here are some examples of the exciting range of whiskies that we have included in some of our previous tasting flights:
Scotchy Scotch Scotch: Our first ever curation, an incredible tasting tour of the Scottish whisky regions, featuring a stunning line up of Single Malt Scotch Whiskies.
- Worldwide Whiskies: This was a wondrous worldwide whisky exploration, encompassing some of the best whiskies the globe has to offer from Ireland, Japan, America, Canada, and even India and New Zealand.
- Incredible Indies: We celebrated the very best of independent bottlers, with a line up featuring six very special whiskies from six incredible independents.