Please note: Free next working day delivery on orders placed before 2pm. Premium courier* service with text/email notifications and 1 hour delivery window. UK only.
A limited-availability box and The Dram Team's box of the month for November 2018, Myth-Busting Blends features a carefully curated set of blended whiskies, each demonstrating in its own way that whisky doesn't have to be a single malt to be superlative.
The six premium whiskies in this box are:
- Douglas Laing - King of Scots - When it comes to bang-for-your-buck, whisky doesn't come better than this. An easy drinking drop from these masterful indie bottlers.
- Nikka - Blended Whisky - This understated dram wonderfully showcases the skills of Nikka's blenders and is a fantastic entry point to classic Japanese whisky.
- Douglas Laing - Timorous Beastie 18 Years Old - A limited edition age-statement version of this popular Highland blend, this wee beastie is packed full of flavour and far from timorous.
- That Boutique-y Whisky Co. - Blended Malt #4 - A remarkable "teaspooned" blend, nearly entirely a well-known (but secret!) single malt mixed with a literal teaspoon of another.
- Douglas Laing - Double Barrel Ardbeg-Craigellachie - A blend of just two barrels of single malt from two famous and very different distilleries: the smoky Ardbeg from Islay, and the sweet & soft Speyside Craigellachie.
- Compass Box - Phenomenology - A limited edition from these masterful whisky blenders specifically designed to be a compelling blend of apparently dissonant flavours. And it is a phenomenon!
Want a box as good as this every month? Of course you do! Subscribe here to save 10% on our monthly exclusive release (or here if 6 whiskies every 3 months is more your pace...)
*DPD courier service for UK Mainland; for Scottish Highlands & Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands we dispatch by Royal Mail First Class
- What's in our boxes?
Each carefully curated tasting set comes in a beautifully designed presentation box containing:
- Five 25ml miniatures of high-quality whisky
- A special “Sixth Dram”: A 10ml sample of a super-premium bottle
- A set of deluxe cards with tasting notes and a drop of insight into what makes each whisky special
Our whiskies are not ordinary whiskies: The first five in each set typically average £50 RRP for a full bottle (ranging from £25 to as high as £85), and the Sixth Dram tips the scale at anything from £125 to £300 RRP for a full bottle.
For any of our one-off boxes, you will get the whiskies specified in the product description.
For subscription options, here are some examples of the exciting range of whiskies that we have included in some of our previous tasting flights:
Scotchy Scotch Scotch: Our first ever curation, an incredible tasting tour of the Scottish whisky regions, featuring a stunning line up of Single Malt Scotch Whiskies.
- Worldwide Whiskies: This was a wondrous worldwide whisky exploration, encompassing some of the best whiskies the globe has to offer from Ireland, Japan, America, Canada, and even India and New Zealand.
- Incredible Indies: We celebrated the very best of independent bottlers, with a line up featuring six very special whiskies from six incredible independents.