A beautiful presented Glencairn whisky glass in a luxury presentation box, accompanied with the perfect Christmas dram: The Syndicate 58/6 12 year old blended Scotch whisky.
The Glencairn glass is the choice of whisky professionals the world around for maximusing the aromas and tastes of a high quality dram.
Here at The Dram Team, we've designed a beautiful sliding presentation gift box to suit this incredible glassware, and have popped a special Christmas dram inside so the lucky recipient can put the Glencairn to the test.
We chose the Syndicate 58/6 12 year old Scotch whisky as our Christmas dram, as it has a great story behind it, and is also full of Christmassy flavours.
Here's the full low down on this wonderfully festive tipple:
- In 1958, a group (or syndicate, if you will!) of 6 lawyers and accountants - owners of William Muir Bond 9 limited - came across a rare blend of 18 Scotch whiskies in the warehouse of their company, based on a recipe dating back to the 1800s
- When this blend reached 12 years old, it was bottled under the Syndicate 58/6 name, in testament to the group who found the liquid in 1958 and brought the product to fruition
- Ever since, this whisky has been blended, matured and bottled using a "Solera" system, a practice borrowed from the Sherry industry whereby new 12 year old whisky is blended into the existing casks, and bottling stock drawn evenly from those same casks.
- This means, that although this whisky is stated at 12 years - the youngest whisky in there - the OLDEST whisky in this blend dates all the way back to 1958! Admittedly now a miniscule fraction, we still think this is an exciting thing to know.
- On top of this, the blend is finished for 2-4 years in fresh Oloroso sherry casks, imparting lots of Christmas spice, dried fruit and sherry notes to the whisky. A perfect fireside festive tipple.
- What's in our boxes?
Each carefully curated tasting set comes in a beautifully designed presentation box containing:
- Five 25ml miniatures of high-quality whisky
- A special “Sixth Dram”: A 10ml sample of a super-premium bottle
- A set of deluxe cards with tasting notes and a drop of insight into what makes each whisky special
Our whiskies are not ordinary whiskies: The first five in each set typically average £50 RRP for a full bottle (ranging from £25 to as high as £85), and the Sixth Dram tips the scale at anything from £125 to £300 RRP for a full bottle.
For any of our one-off boxes, you will get the whiskies specified in the product description.
For subscription options, here are some examples of the exciting range of whiskies that we have included in some of our previous tasting flights:
Scotchy Scotch Scotch: Our first ever curation, an incredible tasting tour of the Scottish whisky regions, featuring a stunning line up of Single Malt Scotch Whiskies.
- Worldwide Whiskies: This was a wondrous worldwide whisky exploration, encompassing some of the best whiskies the globe has to offer from Ireland, Japan, America, Canada, and even India and New Zealand.
- Incredible Indies: We celebrated the very best of independent bottlers, with a line up featuring six very special whiskies from six incredible independents.