GLEN SCOTIA ONLINE DUNNAGE TASTING
- One of only 200 Glen Scotia tasting sets, with whisky samples drawn from dunnage warehouse casks (5 x 25ml measures)
- Access to an exclusive online virtual tasting video, with host and Master Distiller Iain McAlister
- Please note: For delivery within the UK only
The theme for 2020's tasting is The Casks of Campbeltown: whiskies matured in casks that historically have been used in Campbeltown.
By purchasing this pack you will be able to join Iain in tasting these wonderful casks as he tells you why these casks were used, the influence they have on the whisky, and how their availability and use has ultimately shaped the modern Campbeltown style.
Each tasting set comes with a single 25ml sample measure of the following casks from the Glen Scotia dunnage warehouse, all bottled in 2020 at cask strength, exclusively for this tasting. The kit also contains your password to access the tasting via the Glen Scotia website:
- Glen Scotia Victoriana - Cask Strength
- Cask no. 810 - First Fill Bourbon - Distilled in 2005
- Cask no. 486 - Refill Sherry Hogshead - Distilled in 2002
- Cask no. 2/359 - Bordeaux Red Wine - Distilled in 2009
- Cask no. 6/413 - Tawny Port Hogshead - Distilled in 2005
The exclusive Dunnage Tasting video will be available on the Glen Scotia website well beyond the main festival dates, as long as necessary to ensure everyone who receives a set is able to experience the tasting and watch the video.
Please note that we are only able to ship these kits directly to the UK, however a number will be available to purchase directly from retailers in Germany, Poland and the Netherlands.
This Dunnage Tasting is part of Glen Scotia's inaugural Virtual Malts Festival:
- How it works...
- What's in our boxes?
Each carefully curated tasting set comes in a beautifully designed presentation box containing:
- Five 25ml miniatures of high-quality whisky
- A bonus “Sixth Dram”: A 10ml sample of a more special bottle
- A set of deluxe cards with tasting notes and a drop of insight into what makes each whisky special
Our whiskies are not ordinary whiskies: The first five in each set typically average £50 RRP for a full bottle (ranging from £25 to as high as £85).
Our bonus "Sixth Dram" is always something special - either a less common or more unusual dram, or something super-premium (typically from £125 to £300 RRP for a full bottle!).
For any of our one-off boxes, you will get the whiskies specified in the product description.
For subscription options, here are some examples of the exciting range of whiskies that we have included in some of our previous tasting flights:
Scotchy Scotch Scotch: Our first ever curation, an incredible tasting tour of the Scottish whisky regions, featuring a stunning line up of Single Malt Scotch Whiskies.
- Worldwide Whiskies: This was a wondrous worldwide whisky exploration, encompassing some of the best whiskies the globe has to offer from Ireland, Japan, America, Canada, and even India and New Zealand.
- Incredible Indies: We celebrated the very best of independent bottlers, with a line up featuring six very special whiskies from six incredible independents.