- Jurassic Glamping, South Devon (approx. 2 hrs south of Bristol)
- Badass glamping accommodation (furnished safari tents and lodges, see details here) on a site we'll have to ourselves, just outside Axminster.
- Check the FAQs for packing suggestions and more details (FRESH EGGS BABY! MEET THE FARM ANIMALS!)
- Hay bale seating and a giant fire pit will be set up
Timing & Logistics:
- Friday 26th April to Sunday 28th April 2019
- Arrival any time Friday afternoon through to evening, as work and travel allows.
- Departure Sunday morning before midday.
- Plan to co-ordinate car shares from Bristol for most
- Possible advance party to get to site earlier
- Friday afternoon/evening - Arrival to site, beers, whiskies, explore the site, build a fire, eat dinner, relax, meet the farm animals etc
- Saturday daytime - Brekkie, get to coast, decent coastal walk with pub stops, make our way back to camp later afternoon.
- Saturday evening - Meet the farm animals, cook other farm animals over a fire pit, more beer, whiskies and relaxing.
- Sunday - Lazy brekkie and departure.
- Friday dinner - Takeaway curry ordered to campsite. Menu to be circulated in advance for pre-orders
- General - Supermarket delivery to campsite for Friday afternoon to cover all other food.
- Saturday & Sunday brekkies - Breakfast baps of various sorts cooked on site (tents and lodges have basic kitchens)
- Saturday lunch - Either pasties bought locally, or pre-ordered packed lunch of sandwiches we can carry with us on the walk (saves trying to co-ordinate a lunch stop)
- Saturday dinner - Big old meat-based cook up over the fire pit (site can provide equipment for this).
- Beer - I have bought precisely 102 assorted bottles and cans from Wild Beer and Honest Brew, a range of easy drinking IPAs with a fair few stouts and porters for good measure - this is about 7-8 cans per drinker for the weekend and is circa £12 a head. Bring your own additional fancy beer if you like!
- Whisky - I'll bring plenty, BYOW if you want.
- Caffeine - Tea to be provided, suggest we operate on a BYO basis for coffee and aeropresses since half of us are total coffee snobs. I'll buy some nice ground stuff in the shopping order.
- Anything else - Surprise us!
- Aiming to keep these low as most people under budgetary constraints due to poor life choices (wives, children, house ownership)
- Campsite about £70 per person for the whole weekend
- Other costs will be transport (chipping in for drivers' fuel, local transport), food as above/ and whatever we spend at the pub.
- Will share a paypal or bank details when finalised (would be good to be paid promptly if possible)
(Note: All friend categorisations to use the tone adopted in the Inbetweeners)
- J / Jamie / James - The Glen stag himself
- Graham Glen (sired after Jamie by Ian, brother friend)
- Nick Gould (aka Jazzy T; Bewdley friend)
- Sam Caton (Bewdley friend)
- Jon Elmer (Bewdley friend)
- Chris Vaughan (aka Vorner, Bewdley friend)
- Tom Brooks (Whisky friend)
- Rob Prior (Whisky friend)
- Rob Anstey (Whisky friend)
- Luke Boulton (Whisky friend)
- Edd Smith (Whisky friend)
- Simon Mosse (Whisky friend)
- Me (Bewdley friend, brother of bride friend)
- Tim Borrow (brother of bride friend)
- Joachim Ryan (brother-in-law of bride friend)
- Assorted farm animals
- Wet weather back up plan is sophisticated: pubs!
- Suggestions for stag and group fancy dress welcome
The campsite and small fire pit with grill (ours will be MAHOOSIVE!)
Nearby coast at Branscombe, which we'll likely walk through
The worst picture of Jamie I can find (pretty pleased with it!)