Please note: UK only. Order by 2pm on Fri 21st Dec for delivery before Christmas. Price includes next day premium courier service, with text/email notifications.
Especially for Christmas, a one-off special edition of our out-of-the-ordinary whisky tastings, featuring a specially selected set of festive drams.
Our "A very Sherry Whiskymas" line-up features a tasty selection of five premium Scotch whiskies that have been matured in sherry casks, with an excellent and sold-out English whisky making up the full set of six.
Sherry-matured whiskies are full of Christmas flavours, with notes of dried and stewed fruits, and sweet festive spices like cinnamon and ginger. Some of these drams are like liquid Christmas cake!
Note: Gift wrap & Tasting glass add-ons available (see drop down menu). We offer a free custom-printed gift note service (please enter your message on the cart page where indicated).
The six whiskies in our special festive box are:
- Bartels Whisky - His Excellency - Blended Grain, Aged 25 Years - Blended grains are whisky unicorns (rare to the point of myth!) and this amazingly-hued 25 year old gem is doubly rare - only 100 bottles released.
- Douglas Laing - Syndicate 58/6, 12 Years Old - A dram with a fascinating history, containing a teensy fraction of whisky from 1958…quite incredible.
- The Glenrothes - Sherry Cask Reserve - The first single malt from this distillery to be entirely matured in first fill sherry casks, and boy can you tell!
- The English - Chapter 16, Smokey PX Cask Matured - A wonderfully warming mix of PX sherry influence and gentle smoke from St. George's distillery in Norfolk.
- Berry Bros & Rudd - Orkney Islands, 15 Years Old - A complex, savoury and rewarding beaut from a mystery Orcadian distillery - excellent depth and variety of flavour.
- Glengoyne - Aged 21 Years - Dubbed "Christmas cake in a glass". Full maturation in first fill sherry casks means a generous helping of sweet festive spice.
For full product contents see "What's in the Box?" below, or click here.
- What's in our boxes?
Each carefully curated tasting set comes in a beautifully designed presentation box containing:
- Five 25ml miniatures of high-quality whisky
- A special “Sixth Dram”: A 10ml sample of a super-premium bottle
- A set of deluxe cards with tasting notes and a drop of insight into what makes each whisky special
Our whiskies are not ordinary whiskies: The first five in each set typically average £50 RRP for a full bottle (ranging from £25 to as high as £85), and the Sixth Dram tips the scale at anything from £125 to £300 RRP for a full bottle.
For any of our one-off boxes, you will get the whiskies specified in the product description.
For subscription options, here are some examples of the exciting range of whiskies that we have included in some of our previous tasting flights:
Scotchy Scotch Scotch: Our first ever curation, an incredible tasting tour of the Scottish whisky regions, featuring a stunning line up of Single Malt Scotch Whiskies.
- Worldwide Whiskies: This was a wondrous worldwide whisky exploration, encompassing some of the best whiskies the globe has to offer from Ireland, Japan, America, Canada, and even India and New Zealand.
- Incredible Indies: We celebrated the very best of independent bottlers, with a line up featuring six very special whiskies from six incredible independents.