What a week we're having...our first ever shipment out in the real world and landing on your doorsteps, and all the fun of our first ever customer tweet tasting coming up this Thursday...so many activities!
We're writing this quick blog post to fill you in on a few details...
First up in "Brucie Bonuses": a few folks apparently didn't find our "Bonus drams" note in their pack, so an air of mystery now surrounds those little thank you bonuses. If you fall into this category, then head over here and I'll clear it up for you. They're all delicious, I can personally assure you! :-)
Our second "Brucie bonus" was a pipette, and some of you might be wondering what this for. Don't worry: we don't expect you to ration yourself with it - it's the perfect way to add a few drops of water to your whiskies. Why would I want to do that, you might ask? Well, in short, it "opens them up", both scent & flavour-wise. Allow me to hand over to whisky legend and ever-so-mellow-voiced Charles MacLean to explain delightfully in this video.
It's photo competition time!
To celebrate all you wonderful folks being part of our Month 1 box party, we've been lining up some exciting whisky prizes from our brand partners and we've decided to run a photo competition.
We're keeping it loosey goosey on the criteria, and leaving it to your whisky-fuelled imaginations to do the work - whether you go artsy, funny, dramatic (pun intended), selfie or downright silly, you've got a chance at winning some great prizes.
How to enter: Simply post a picture of your Dram Team box (and whatever else you want to include, be it yourself, or even your cat!) on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and tag our account, and we'll announce the winner next week.
The winning photo will bag you an exclusive distillery bottling from Glen Scotia, complete with a full set of tumblers. It's honestly taking all our willpower to give it away!
Fire up your smartphones and get snapping...
#TheDramTeam "Tweet Tasting"
For the more restrained amongst you, with whisky left in your boxes, we've got a very fun online event lined up this Thursday at 7:30pm. Over the course of an hour and a half, we'll be hosting a virtual tasting event on Twitter, known as a "Tweet Tasting".
How does this work you ask? Well, it's simple in theory, and extremely hectic in practice!
In a nutshell:
- Everyone tweets using the hashtag #TheDramTeam to indicate each tweet is part of the event
- We kick off at 7:30pm, and dedicate 15 minutes to enjoying each whisky
- We'll be posting prompts and little snippets of info about each whisky throughout
- You can post ANYTHING YOU LIKE! But we recommend focusing on nosing and tasting notes, your opinions on the whisky, and generally bantering with other people taking part.
- Photos, short videos and use of expressive GIFs are encouraged!
- If you're looking for inspiration, check out what everyone said and did during our launch Tweet Tasting!
The logistics of a Tweet Tasting can be a little overwhelming: Dozens of people talking about the same thing at the same time means it can be hard to keep track. We've got three top Twitter Tweet Tasting tips to help you survive and thrive:
- Use a tool like TweetChat to track the hashtag (and automatically insert #TheDramTeam for you)
- Use multiple browser windows (or a combination of laptop and phone) to make tracking and talking at the same time easier
- Concentrate on following our account to keep you up to speed
And...don't forget to have fun!
We'll be online for a little while in advance, so feel free to tweet us to let us know you're taking part, and all our lovely customers can follow each other to make the party special.
Look forward to seeing you online then, and keep your tastebuds tingling for more juicy updates from us in the near future...
Warmest whisky wishes,
Chris, Greg and James